Click & Collect Terms And Conditions
Orders may only be placed by trade customers. As such regulations relating to consumers (such as Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) do not apply.
Order Acceptance and Processing
- After placing an order for Goods we will process your credit or debit card for payment. As soon as we have received authorisation for the payment from your card provider, we will begin to process your order through our system and we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your order. However, please note that this does not mean that we have accepted your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we confirm your Goods are available for collection. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you such confirmation.
- The price payable for the Goods is as set out on our site at the time you submit your order. All prices exclude the current applicable VAT rate (and all relevant VAT will be added on at the end of the order).
- We reserve the right to update prices in future which will then supersede the prices in any catalogue or on our site. We also reserve the right to change the price of commodity goods, such as copper, at any time due to market conditions but we will confirm the prevailing price with you before accepting your order or purchase.
- Occasionally, an error may occur and Goods may be either incorrectly priced or described in which case we will not be obliged to supply the Goods at the incorrect price or in accordance with the incorrect description or at all. We reserve the right to correct any errors from time to time. We will (at our discretion) either cancel your order for Goods and refund the price you have paid or use reasonable endeavours to contact you and ask you whether you wish to continue with the order for the Goods at the correct price or correct description. If we are unable to contact you or you do not wish to continue with the order at the correct price or correct description, we will cancel your order and refund the price you have paid. We may refund you by way of cheque sent to the address of the relevant trade card account holder if we are unable to contact you.
- The images of the Goods on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Goods. Your Goods may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 2% tolerance. The packaging of the Goods may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- We must receive payment for the whole of the price of the Goods you order and purchase before your order can be processed. Order payment can be made by most major credit or debit cards, by completing the relevant details on the checkout page.
- By using a credit/debit card to pay for your order or purchase, you confirm that the card being used is yours or that you are authorised to use it.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of the card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order or purchase, we will not be obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal, and we will not be liable for the Goods not being provided to you. We are not responsible for the card issuer or bank charging the holder of the card as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order or purchase. We recommend that you do not communicate your payment card details to anyone, including us, by email.
- You are responsible for all orders placed by your employees and for any purchases made on cards issued to you and we are not bound by any individual order limit you may impose on your employees.
Age Requirements for Specific Goods
- Where you place an order for or otherwise purchase age-restricted Goods such as solvents and knives, you confirm that you are over the age of 18 and that (where applicable) collection will be made by a person over the age of 18. We reserve the right to cancel your order or purchase if we reasonably believe you do not meet the age restrictions for certain Goods.
Collection of Goods
- We will send you an email confirmation once your order is available for collection. You are required to bring your order confirmation email with you to collect your order, either printed or visible on a personal device. We are under no obligation to release Goods without sight of a valid order confirmation email.
- We aim to make your order available for collection within one trading hour of receipt of your order if you've requested same-day collection. A trading hour is an hour that the collection branch is open for business. Collection times are approximate and no liability whatsoever is accepted if orders are not available for collection at the stated time.
- In the event that we cannot fulfil all or part of your order, we will contact you by telephone and you will be entitled to cancel all or part of your order.
- We strongly suggest that you do not schedule or commence any installation work until after you have collected your order and checked all the Goods are suitable for your purposes and do not have any defects or missing parts.
- Without prejudice to the statutory rights under English law, we accept no liability for any failure to make products available for collection where this results from our inability to do so resulting from acts of god, civil commotion, riots, flood, drought, fire, legislation, industrial action or other factors outside it's control, or our decision on reasonable grounds not to do so for reasons of suspicion of credit card fraud or similar, or for any other reason including insufficient stocks. We will take all reasonable steps to notify you that products will not be available as ordered. In such cases we will not process any payment, or will immediately refund any payment made, in full. It is your responsibility to ensure that you order from us with sufficient lead time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from non-availability of Goods.
- For reasons of health and safety, you are responsible for loading your order onto your collection vehicle. We will not provide any unpacking, waste removal, installation or fitting services unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
Checking Deliveries for Shortages and Notifying Selco
- You agree to examine the Goods in store and report any missing items to a sales assistant. We will not accept liability for any shortages if they are not reported within 7 days of collection. All shortages must be reported to the collection branch in person, by telephone or by e-mail.
Your Right to Cancel
- If you change your mind, you may cancel your order in accordance with this clause 5. However, your right of cancellation set out in this clause does not apply to Goods that are cut or mixed to your requirements, made to measure, made to your specifications or clearly personalised (for example, made to order kitchen goods, mixed paint or embroidery goods). Your right of cancellation also does not apply to Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons (such as water pumps, toilets and macerators) if you have opened the product packaging after collection. Boilers which have had the product box/packaging opened cannot be returned for refund or credit.
- When Goods have been returned to us in accordance with these Terms, we will refund you the price paid for the relevant Goods (less any applicable re-stocking charge) using the same means of payment as you used to pay for your purchase.
- Cancellation Prior to Collection: You may cancel an order within 7 days of the date the Goods are made available for collection by contacting the collection branch for a full refund.
- Uncollected Orders: If do not collect your order within 7 days, we may cancel your order and refund to you the price that you have paid for the Goods less a restocking charge of 15% of the order total.
- Returns after Collection: You may cancel your order by returning the Goods in their original packaging and in a saleable condition to a trade counter in any Selco branch within 28 days of the date your order was made available for collection. You will lose your right to cancel under this clause 5 after the expiry of the 28 day period.
Faulty Goods or incorrect Goods:
- We warrant that upon collection, the Goods (other than second hand goods or goods which are rejects at the point of sale) shall be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and reasonably fit for it normal purpose.
- Subject to clauses 6.3, 6.4 and 6.6 if any of the Goods do not conform with the warranty in clause 6.1, our liability in respect of any defect is, at our option, limited to repairing, replacing (or procuring the repair or replacement by the manufacturer) of the defective Goods (or the defective part) or to making a pro rata refund. We shall be given a reasonable period in which to complete the necessary repair or deliver the replacement or otherwise rectify such defect. If we comply with this clause 6.2, we shall have no further liability for breach of the warranty in clause 6.1 in respect of such Goods.
- Our liability under the warranty in clause 6.1 shall automatically cease if:
- you fail to notify us of the damage/defect as soon as possible after becoming aware of it; or
- you make any further use of the Goods after giving such notice; or
- the defect arises because the you failed to follow oral or written directions for storage, use etc. (or if there are none, good trade practice); or
- you, when requested by us so to do, either fail to return the defective Goods to us as soon as possible, but in any event within 21 days of such request, or, fail to make the defective Goods available for inspection by us, our agents, and where applicable by the manufacturer; or
- you permit persons other than us, our employees or agents to effect or attempt any repair or replacement or other rectification of defective Goods.
- You will be deemed to have accepted the Goods if you either use the Goods, or have not notified us of any defective Goods within the periods set out in clause 6.3.1.
- The warranty set out in clause 6.4.1 shall be in lieu of any warranties, conditions or undertakings whether implied by statue or common law (except for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) which are expressly excluded from the Contract.
- clause 6.6 is applicable only where the manufacturer has provided a helpline, repair service or warranty in relation to defective or faulty Goods. Where more than 28 days has passed following the date the Goods were made available to you for collection, you must contact the manufacturer direct in relation to any defect or fault. All complaints, queries or claims under a manufacturer's warranty, guarantee or similar assurance must be made direct to the manufacturer and we do not have any responsibility or liability under or in connection with any such warranty, guarantee or assurance. We will have no obligation under this clause 6.6 to provide any replacement, repair, refund or assistance after the 28 days following the date the Goods were made available for collection. For the avoidance of doubt if the manufacturer becomes insolvent you accept that the manufacturer’s warranty is lost.
Disclaimers and Limitations on our Liability
- Without prejudice to statutory rights afforded to purchasers of the Goods, the information and materials contained in this site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, and links, are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty, and in particular, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current, or that use of the site is free of risk of viruses or other damage. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. We do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to Goods purchased from us and related services which are provided by us. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular we will not be responsible for ensuring that any Goods are suitable for your purposes. Individual products may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their manufacturers directly. Such warranties etc are not enforceable against us, but only against the person giving them.
- We are wholesalers and not technical experts in the field of building materials. All of our staff are instructed not to give any form of technical advice. If you have a technical query it should be directed to a suitably qualified professional. You agree that any advice given by a person for or on our behalf will not be relied upon without verification with a suitably qualified professional. We accept no responsibility for any damage caused by your reliance on any such advice.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or (iv) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987. In all other respects , under no circumstances will we be liable to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for any (i) loss of profits, sales, revenue, business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses, or any business interruption; or (ii) loss of anticipated savings; or (iii) indirect or consequential loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that these Terms constitute the entire and only agreement between us.
- Goods are intended for use in the UK only and we cannot confirm that the Goods comply with any laws, regulations or other standards applicable outside the UK. All Goods are sold in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and are subject to any qualifications, representations or instructions contained in the documentation associated with the Goods.
- We will not be responsible to you or, in the event that you are undertaking work for another person, to any other person, for the use or installation of any Goods by you. Accordingly, you hereby agree to hold us harmless from and indemnify us against any liability associated with, any claim or allegation that we are responsible for any failings in the installation or use of goods that we supply.
- Our total liability to you under these Terms (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Goods.
- Our site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the "external sites"). We are not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any external site, nor for any transactions between you and such sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of goods or services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, content or transactions.
Protecting Your Security
- To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we use 3d Secure or equivalent American Express security methods at time of payment. In addition we reserve the right to validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You agree that we may use Personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
Publication of Comments Online
- You agree that we can publish any comments that you send to us concerning the quality of our service or products on our website. We may use your name and town of residence, but we will not publish your email address, telephone number, website address or street address.
- We aim to exceed our trade customer expectations as often as possible, however there may be rare occasions when you feel that you have not been treated fairly. If this is the case you agree that before posting any negative comments on any website, newsgroup, blog or other online resource you agree to write to our customer services manager explaining the problem and allow her 14 days to investigate and resolve the problem and/or respond in writing. If you are still unsatisfied then you agree to include the customer services reply in any online publication you make, to provide any readers with a balanced view.
- Publication of negative material that is untrue may result in an action being taken against the publisher without further notice being given by us.
- All rights in the site design, text, graphics and other content, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements there of belong to us or our licensors. All rights are reserved save as set out below. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication is strictly prohibited.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- Any contract between us pursuant to these Terms is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).